Monday, November 28, 2005

the monaro

One of the often strange juxtaposition in my life is that of work.

I claim, and to most intents are, an environmentally aware person, working for a better future by tackling the problem of a car based personal transport paradigm.

I also currently work as a retail wage slave for a company that (among other things) sells and installs aftermarket stereo systems into all manner of cars. Occasionally we do a big job like this Monaro.



The Car in pieces.

Originally all the gear went into a V8 Commodore that ended up on its roof after a unfortunate mechanical failure. Luckly for the owners that by the time it ended up on the roof sufficient speed had been washed off so that all three walked away unharmed.

The car has Pioneer yellow cone splits in the front doors, TSD 6" 2-ways in the rear panel, a Pioneer 12" sub, AVHP5750 in dash DVD, with a vehicle dynamics processor and Ipod adaptor. The amp is a JBL 6 channel. All the wiring is Streetwires by MTX.

The dash with new fold out screen and fitting kit to the VY Monaro. We retained the steering wheel controls by using a remote emulator.

When I went to see the car on Saturday (day 3 of the install), I had my kids with me and they were very impressed with Darren, who did most of the install, playing Shrek on the DVD. It sounded awesome.




Darren at work, day 2 of the job, note that the whole rear of the car had to be stripped to run the wiring, install the speakers, etc..

Anyway, that is my work space right now, and even though I enjoy it a lot, I am also trying to navigate to a space that might be more fulfilling.

Such as it is.

No comments: