Thursday, November 10, 2005

dirt tired

raining again outside, spring day with unsettled weather, dark now, dog tired, listening to the most fantastic music on 3d radio, a live recording of AC/Dixie. needing sleep.

Rode the bike to work today. This morning was great, windy and cold. Was in my gortex and long knicks. Thought that it might be a fine day, but no. It was hammering down with rain on the way home. Nothing wrong with that. Makes me push harder and faster, tear through Rymill Park, out of the city and home. Cycling, no matter when, always makes me feel so alive and renewed. I can not imaging not being able to ride a bike.

and what I was listening to....

I was standing by my window On a cold and cloudy day, When I saw the hearse come rollin'
For to take my mother away.

Chorus: Will the circle be unbroken? By and by Lord, by and by, There's a better home a-waitin' In the sky Lord, in the sky.

2. I told the undertaker,"Undertaker, please drive slow, For this body you are haulin'Lord, I hate to see her go."

Chorus:

3. Well I followed close behind her, Tried to hold up and be brave, But I could not hide my sorrow When they laid her in the grave

Chorus:

4. I went back home, my home was lonesome, missed my mother she was gone. All my brothers and sisters cryingin our home so sad and alone.

Chorus:

5. We sang the songs of childhood, hymns of faith that made us strong, Ones that our mother had taught us, hear the angels sing along

Chorus:

6. One by one the seats were empty, One by one they went away, Now my family, they are parted, Will they meet again someday?

Chorus:

No comments: